Thursday 21 July 2011

Memory lane

   Ok so last time I was talking about history, how this blog came about. Now I'll be going down the memory lane, flash back 8 years ago. When I was soooo young, newly wed n preggy with my first child, my lovely daughter Atiqah. That's when my journey started. My husband was posted to Muscat, Oman, a beautiful country neighboring the UAE ( United Arab Emirates) senang citer dekat dgn Dubai..

    That was also the first time I've ever heard of that country.... hahaha general knowledge fail. Just when I thought I'm the only person yg tak penah dengar nama Oman.... turns out I'm not alone. When we told our family... my mother said... Oman? Amaan kot... kat Jordan tu.. while my cousins were busy looking for world maps to take a look at where this new n foreign country is. That was 8 years ago. Now a lot of people know Oman, we can even see a lot of people wearing kopiah Oman especially in KL. Note to self, got to post a pic of that kopiah.
     We were there for 5 years,  4 years & 11 months to be exact. It was definitely an unforgettable experience for me. I learned soooo many things there, found amazing people and gain some weight because of the food there which i still miss regardless of the Arabic Restaurant that's coming up like mushrooms nowadays in KL. No matter how authentic they say their Arabic food is but in my heart I know they can never measure up to the shawarma & grills in Istanboly, the Kaboli rice in Bin Attique ( i forgot the spelling ) or the Shiwa' we had at one of our Omani friends'  home every Eid celebration. To further make my point, i don't eat lamb until i went to Oman. That's how I fell in love with Omani food and I carry the guilt back home in my waist line...

No comments:

Post a Comment